nkf

Does someone have a readable manual page for the command "nkf"?

I've read a rumor that "nkf" stands for network kanji filter, maybe that it
translates from one Japanese character code to another.  But when I did "man
nkf", the output was something resembling raw JIS.  Presumably the output of
"man nkf" could be filtered through "nkf" in order to produce a readable
manual page.  But in order to use the "nkf" command for that, the user might
have to know how to use the "nkf" command, such as perhaps by reading a
manual page?

I like recursion and self-referential jokes too, but that's not what I was
looking for when I tried "man nkf".