Re: about ADSL

Several of my colleagues in Australia are doing that. A minimal
linux box with a couple of el-cheapo cards is usually fine. A couple
have ssh running the whole time so they effectively have a secure
private link back to the university.

From the presentation at the last TPC meeting, it seems that Buffalo
have a basic ADSL interface box that does IP masquerading, so you can
connect multiple downstream hosts. The advantage this box has is that it
is quite small.

Back in Australia, my cable service sells extra IP addresses for
$A10/mo. I take the simple way out and pay for a second address.

Jim
--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of