RE: about ADSL

At that point a dual homed OpenBSD box is the way to go.
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Uva Coder [mailto:uvacoder@example.com]
Sent: 13”N2??23“u 9:31
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: about ADSL

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 03:24:25PM -0800, Soma Interesting wrote:
> At 08:08 AM 2/23/2001 +0900, you wrote:
> >It is certainly technically possible.  In fact, you could use a
> >Linux box with a couple of Ethernet cards as your router, by
> >taking advantage of its IP masquerading support.
> >
> >http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.html
>
> You can do it with a single network card also.

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend that option to anyone. From my
experience, single homed firewall generally fail open vice
fail safe; regardless if the rule set within the firewall is
exceptionally well thought out and written.

IMO, Dual/Multi homed firewalls are the way to go if you need
a firewall. If security is really the concern, I'd recommend
tightening down all computers on your home network vice just
a firewall.

-- Uva

Next Technical Meeting:  Prof. Jim Breen  Sat, March 10 13:30-
Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, April 13 19:30- Tengu Tokyo Eki Mae