Re: RH - question was: canna + kinput2

    Mike> So you think the problem is not in Ghostscript, but in the
    Mike> CID-keyed fonts?  Really? How did you fix it on you system?

As I recall I made about 3 separate symlinks in the Resource area.  I
don't know whather they were all relevant; I suspect the main thing
was the EUC-V CMap itself was missing.  However, this has since been
fixed on Debian, so I don't have my setup any more.

Your wrapper files look nothing like mine:

/Ryumin-Light-EUC-V
/EUC-V /CMap findresource
[/WadaMin-Regular /CIDFont findresource]
composefont pop

so I'm not really sure what might be going on.  My file hierarchy is a
lot simpler, too:

steve@example.com:~$ ls /usr/lib/ghostscript/
5.50vflib  6.01  CIDFont  CMap  Font  fonts

with the relevant ones (CIDFont, CMap, and Font) all being flat (no
sudirectories).

    Mike> Do you think the error is in the font itself or in the CMap?

The error you posted was a problem finding a resource in the .gsf.
I'm not sure exactly what because I don't understand the resource
mechanism very well.  My guess is that somewhere along the line
somebody either didn't put a necessary file in place (that's what
happened to me) or used some code that assumes a specific directory
layout that is not true on your system.

    Mike> There are pretty good free TrueType fonts for Chinese (The
    Mike> Arphic PL fonts) and for Korea as well (the Baekmuk
    Mike> fonts). Why not for Japan?  Isn't that strange?

Korean doesn't surprise me; Hangul are much more regular than kanji.
Chinese does, though.  I haven't actually looked at the Arphic fonts.
Simplified glyphs would help somewhat, but they're still hanzi....