Re: RH - question was: canna + kinput2

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> writes:

>     Garance> even later move on to get LaTeX working for Japanese (a
>     Garance> dream! I discovered LaTeX a few months ago and love it)?
>
> Again this is well set up on at least TurboLinux-JP and Debian.  RH-J
> might do the trick too, but I can't vouch for it.
>
> My next project is getting free of jLaTeX though.  I want Omega.

What's jLaTex? ...The NTT-LaTeX I remember vaguely, or some other
stuff?

RH-J as many Japanese distributions is distributed with ASCII-pTeX(pLaTex),
a very nice and easy to use Japanized Tex distro. If you are the proud
owner of a PSK-printer (Postscript-kanji printer) you have one of the
nicest desktop publishing systems you can get. (With some extra packages,
even typesetting kanbun isn't that painful).

Nice desktop publishing system, but not that compatible with standard
TeX. So if you have to submit papers etc. in TeX you are going to have
big problems. If you don't have a PSK-printer but a PS-Printer you get
quit good results by converting the PS-Kanji file to pdf, with Ghostscript.

An  alternative on a standard TeX system -- especially if you basically
write English or German with just a few  kanji inside your text --is to
use Werner Lembergs CJK-TeX. You will find it on CTAN.

HTH

Andreas Marcel Riechert