Canna, Kinput2, kterm etc on losing (= poor I18N) distros like RH

Debian (main distro) and Turbolinux (JP distro, at least) both install
reasonable configs of kterm, canna, kinput2 "out of the box".

http://www.turbolinux.co.jp/
http://www.debian.org/

Netscape is a mess, mozilla is worse.  I use lynx in a kterm for kanji
input if it's a lot, mozilla if I'm doing something really disgusting
like looking for 叶姉妹.  Yet another thing I hope you won't tell my
wife. ;-)

I'm planning on putting the English version of "the book" (Linux 日本
語環境, 2000, ORA Japan) on the web.  I'll let you know if/when this
happens, but right now it's a big mess and not synched to the Japanese
version, which had significant additions by Hiroo, and a bit of
cosmetic surgery by me, since the last eigo version.