Re: Japanese Slackware 7?

On Sunday 18 February 2001 14:57, Jason Katz-Brown wrote:
> Heya.
>
> I run Slackware 7, X4.0.2, and i can't seem to be able to use the Japanese
> fonts that come with it.
>
> I am only beginning to learn Japanese so I can't read many of the help
> documents..
>
> Also, how do I get canna and kinput2 and kterm to work with Slackware 7?

Hmmm.. well by installing the RPMs at the site that was listed in the
kinput2, and type cannastat and get this:

$ cannastat
Connected to unix
Canna Server (Ver. 3.5)
Total connecting clients 1
USER_NAME   ID  NO U_CX          C_TIME   U_TIME I_TIME HOST_NAME  CLIENT
jason        0   0    2  Sun 18  4:47pm        0     21 localhost  kinput2

but when I start kterm and press shift-space nothing happens.. and also I
still can't view a japanese web site in netscape..

Jason