tcl/tk version problems with wordnet install

Hello.

I'm trying to install the entire wordnet package on my system (laptop),
but am having problems with tcl/tk. Wordnet requires tcl-7.4 and tk-4.2,
which are very old and conflict with some of my newer apps...

I'm running LASER5 6.4 with tcl/tk 8.0.5. and need these to run other
apps.

Does anyone know how to work around this problem? Can I have two
versions of tcl & Tk installed on my system without breaking stuff?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks,
        Chris