Re: Exim configuration question

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 02:26:47PM +0900, A.Sajjad Zaidi wrote:
> By default, Exim sets the mail directory as /var/mail/$local_part
>
> How can I configure it to use /var/spool/mail/user_name for this?

The transport (that is conventionally called) 'local_delivery'
controls how local messages are stored into mailboxes.  It
sounds like you want to add (or change) the 'file' directive
there to file = /var/spool/mail/${local_part}

>Im not sure what the $local_part means either.

local_part is a string variable that roughly means the part
left of the '@' in the address.  (Any prefixes or suffixes may
have been stripped off (as in the -tlug in jwt-tlug), address
rewriting and/or aliasing may have been done, etc... but
basically it is the "local part" of an email address.)