Re: Gnome question

>> From: SL Baur <steve@example.com>
>>
>> Tod McQuillin <devin@example.com> writes in tlug@example.com:
>>
>> What version of Gnome?
>> man gnome-session

	"No manual entry for gnome-session"

>> /usr/share/gnome/default.session

That's where it was coming from, but now I have made a ~/.gnome/session
it's taken over.

>> > I think you can just quit the apps you don't want, then when you log out,
>> > select the "save session" option.
>>
>> That will get rid of the file manager but it will not get rid of the
>> Hints window.

I turned that off last week.

>> I think you can make that go away if you can successfully
>> navigate a twisty maze of Gnome panel configuration menus, all alike and
>> find the screen that configures it.  I don't use Gnome, but I recall
>> finding this once and I can't find it offhand right now.

Well put. Developed by gnomes for gnomes.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of