Re: Microsoft jokes and MetBSD

>> From: "SN_Diamond" <Norman.Diamond@example.com>
>> Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:06:14 +0900
>>
>> Yup.  When Netscape wants to use 100% of the CPU time, it's a bit harder to
>> figure out what's going on.

Not really. I have a CPU load graph running down on the task-bar, and
when it suddenly jumps to fully utilized, the culprit is plain. Top will
always confirm it.

>> Maybe you'd better open a terminal emulator
>> window and nice yourself with a negative number so that when Netscape
>> emulates Exploder you'll be able to do a ps and a kill.

I've never had to renice myself. In fact I have a little script
called "nzap", which finds Netscape's PID, kills it, removes the lockfile
and restarts it.

Cheers

Jim
--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of