Re: Next question...

>> Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 18:47:52 +0900
>> From: B0Ti <9915104t@example.com>
>>
>> I've had this problem with an older mandrake distro. I don't know if the
>> problem was kernel related or not, but it wouldn't hurt to get the latest
>> dhcpcd package and kernel 2.4 (for your USB stuff)

I doubt it's a dhcpcd problem, as that had been turned off at the time
the hang on the PCMCIA happened. I suspect it's again a timing-related
problem, and now that the delay over the ethernet interface is gone,
it's getting to the PCMCIA initilization earlier, and before something
else has finished. I see in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/ that the PCMCIA is number
96, so I can't move it any later.

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

As for the 2.4 kernel, I guess now would be a good time for a
replacement kernel. I am afraid I am a babe in arms when it somes to
changing kernels. I see the Rehat site is saying to wait until it is out
officially, but only mentions it in the context of 7.0 Is it possible
just to drop in a new vmlinuz.....? I don't really want to build one.

Cheers

Jim
--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of