Node for Host Adapter????

Hi Friends,

Can anyone let me know does linux makes any node for Host Adapters as it
makes for different devices e.g. /dev/hda .

Actually i want to invoke my ioctl() function for Host Adapter to get run
time performance data of my driver on linux.These are following steps which
i did :

 1. Register the ioctl function in driver template.
 2. When i load my driver and open the node for the device which my driver
detect , id does not call the ioctl() function.

Can anybody please tell me how i can  invoke ioctl() function for Adapter
card.

 Thanks & Regards

  Yogi Rajpal
  Software Engineer