Re: Counting hiragana in EUC

Simon Cozens <simon@example.com> writes:
> Suppose I have some all-hiragana EUC text. To count the number of
> characters, would it suffice to divide the byte count by two?

Yes I think that would work for euc-jp all-hiragana strings.
But can you trust your incoming data?... Assuming, you got allready
rid of the line-endings, there could be some one-byte punctation or
whitespace in your data.
Yes with a  "just-only-hiragana-euc-jp-text" it should work, but I
wonder wether there is a real world situation, where you could use
such a routine.

Still working on the Input-methods?

HTH

Andreas Marcel Riechert