Re: Sparc Report (1)

Stephen Carter wrote:
> From what I understand, the 80 pin SCA drive use 68 pins for
> the drive control and 12 pins for power all on a "Single Connector" and is
> thus called "SCA" which stands for Single Connector Attachment.

So I guess I have an additional 12 connector for power on the opposite isde
of the hard disk. If this is true, then I should be fine.

> You noticed the "other" standard 50 pin connector on a cable also inside
the
> box, I"m sure. It is plugged into the CDROM when one is present, and so
also
> is the standard Molex power connector, just like a regular SCSI or IDE
drive
> would take--the 50 pin connector is for SCSI. I've never hooked up a hard
> drive to it--does it work for other than for a CDROM?

No CDROM included :-(

> What 10 pin interface do you see in your Sparcs? I can't find one in mine.
>
> I'll be really interested in how you get the Install working over the
> network. I haven't done that yet, and want to.

Me too. Since I just baught a new motherboard for my intel machine I'll be
setting that up first. Then I can  work on the Sparc. I only have 3 days of
warrenty on the HDD so I want to get this working today. (Today is a good
day to be working on computers!) I'll post again if successful :-)

--jack