Re: Despair.com trademarks :-(

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 06:52:10PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>     Simon> On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 04:07:57PM +0900, Viktor Pavlenko
>     >> I thought it was a joke...
>     >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/16328.html
>
>     Simon> It is, of sorts.
>
> Never did get that British humor....

Oh, this is purely American satire:

http://www.despair.com/demotivators/frownonthis.html:
    For his part, E.L.Kersten acknowledged being inspired by Amazon's legal
    manueverings and had nothing but praise for founder Jeff Bezos at the
    press conference.

    "Once again, Jeff has proven to be a true innovator. He's really inspired
    a new movement in the dotcom universe- frivolous, destructive intellectual
    property lawsuits. I couldn't be happier to be a part of the revolution."

--
I will not suffer fools gladly, but I will gladly make fools suffer. -Bimmler