Re: getcwd / Biblio and APM

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Shimpei Yamashita wrote:

> Do all the parent directories above that directory have read and execute
> permissions for that user? Mind you, there are situations where not giving
> parent directory access is the Right Thing to do (e.g., accounts dedicated
> to daemons). If you don't fix it, some badly written programs that insist on
> getting the full absolute path of the current directory may suffer, although I
> can't really think of one offhand.

I checked this again.
This is the home directory of a user.
the permissions for /home and /home/thatuser/
are normal, i.e., exactly the same as the permissions
on another machine that runs Linux and doesn't give
the same errors.

But, if nothing is going to be the worse for it,
I think I will let this remain an unsolved mystery.

Thanks Shimpei.

Tony Laszlo