Problem with running Xapps over a ssh session

Hi

I am trying to work out how to run an apps over a ssh connection.
Following the file README.Ylonen which comes with the ssh distribution I
try and run netscape by

$xhost +noosa
$ssh -n noosa netscape &

on my local machine(noosa is the remote machine).  I get prompted for my
password which seems to work and then I am given the message
that the DISPLAY variable has not been set , the error reads

Error: Can't open display:

here is what I see on the screen

[snip]
[antony@example.com antony]$ ssh -n -N noosa "netscape"
antony@example.com's password:
Welcome to noosa
Enjoy your stay!
DISPLAY=

Error: Can't open display:
[antony@example.com antony]$
[snip]

The DISPLAY line is set in the /etc/bashrc file and reads

echo "DISPLAY" $DISPLAY

so it looks to me that the DISPLAY varible is not being carried accross
to the remote machine.

Can someone please give me a few tips on how to get this set up so I can
indeed run xapps over a ssh session.

Thanks

Tony