Mail software freezes when sending mail -> worked around the problem

"Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote:

>    CSD> Has anyone heard of such a problem?
>
> My only guess is nameserver fsckedness.

I wasn't exactly sure how to approach a nameserver problem, but have managed
to find a workaround, anyway.

After going so far as changing my install back to RH6.2 (actually  LASER5
6.4), and still seeing the same problem, I decided to try using sendmail to
relay it through my ISP.  When I got it set up and changed Netscape's SMTP
server setting to sendmail@example.com, the problem suddenly stopped!  It
doesn't hang anymore.  Whee!

I've never used sendmail before, but it seems to be working.

Thanks.