RE: Java Memory settings

There's no win with a prolific garbage producer like java of course -- For
commercial web applications, allowing the heap to grow at least enables one
to handle some unexpected volume (within the constraints of VM) on a servlet
based application.  Now I guess the java GC might decide to tighten its belt
a bit more if it runs up against the heap limit, so putting limits might not
always be a bad thing.