Re: unreadable jp text

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, B0Ti wrote:

> I can't convert this mail to human readable form:
> **** cut ****
> [...]
>                                 ^[$B#G#O#O#D^[(J  ^[$B#B#Y#E^[(J
> [...]
>
> No success with lv and nkf.
> Is there some kind of a program that can resurrect a text like this ?

Well, somehow the ESC characters in that text have been converted to the
ascii literal characters ^ and [ instead of the control code ESC.

So it is just ascii text now, even to a japanese-aware program.

When I converted the ^['s back into ESC characters, I could read the text
as 'GOOD BYE' (double-width ASCII) in kterm.
--
Tod McQuillin