Re: "restarting" scsi

 Tony Laszlo wrote:

> Oops. lsmod displays no scsi-related modules, though
> the scsi device is connected and working. While the individual
> scsi cards and other items are compiled as modules, CONFIG_SYS
> is set to Y, not M.
> Maybe this should be changed?

What's the output of your lsmod ?
here is what I have for scsi stuff:
sr_mod                 12128   0  (autoclean)
aic7xxx               130480   0  (autoclean)
sg                     21584   0
scsi_mod               57152   3  [sr_mod aic7xxx sg]

> So I think I am trying to add another scsi device on the
> fly, as you suggest above.

Here is how I add my zip drive on the fly, if I need it:
echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 2 0">/proc/scsi/scsi

I cannot give any more advice on this, unless you give more details. It
should be explained in more details in the SCSI-howto, kernel docs, etc.

B0Ti.