Re: NetBSD 1.5

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 11:45:49PM +0900, Austin Kurahone wrote:

> NetBSD 1.5 is out! Wohooooo!

1.5 looks pretty good on my alphas -- serial console on the multia appears to
have been fixed really, really recently.

VAX bootstrap still won't load from a non-DEC drive, unfortunately.  Softdeps
are really broken, resulting in kernel panics.

"make release" on sparc dies when it tries to build the installation floppy.
Easy to work around, as I never use the install floppies, but annoying
nonetheless.

mac68k port now has serial console support for the quadra 900/950, which means
I can recycle that old box ;)

x86 port is much, much more stable than 2.4.0-pre-whatever on my Athlon.  A
little slower, but that might be due to my not having enabled softdeps.

SMP still ain't there yet (the MI code is, but the MD code isn't), libraries
are reentrant but no POSIX threads unless one decides to use GNU pth, and
my crappy Yamaha 924 PCI sound card isn't supported.  Can't have everything.

-- Chris