Re: rsync

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 01:19:24PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Ah, but does it have
> 	    apt-cache search --stuff-that-might-be-useful
>
> ??  That's what I meant by not knowing what you're looking for.

It's highly unlikely that I'd want a piece of software without knowing
what it is. But I see what you mean. So you either less through
/var/lib/dpkg/available or, better, use dselect to leaf through the
list, then quit and use apt to install the nice ones. Or, of course,
gnome-apt.

--
<ua> The dumb joke of the day is: "Call Microsoft. When the operator
answers, "Microsoft, may I help you?" respond: "I can't understand you.