Re: Re: Re: A Question about NFS

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 08:36:48AM +0800, Caihong Yun wrote:

> I don't know how to get the information about the version of the NFS.

ps ax | grep nfs

> In stead, an expert from Redhat Company told me that I should install the
> enterprise kernel in Linux in order to support the NFS service with SGI.

Okay, you're going to have to ask Redhat to help you.  Redhat has patched their
kernel with so much weird stuff that it's impossible for a mere mortal to
troubleshoot.

My belief is that the client is trying NFSv3, but the server has a broken
implementation of NFSv3.  Either switch to the userspace NFS daemon or use
a system with a working NFSv3 server (i.e., one of the *BSDs).

Important safety note: linux NFS works, but only reliably if both the server and
the client are linux.  Crossplatform NFS is dicey at best.

-- Chris