Re: rsync

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 08:54:13PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>     John> <seejo@example.com: ~> su -pc "apt-get --simulate install libc6
>     John> libc6-dev"
>     John> Is, for my money, a heck of a lot faster and more flexible
>     John> than dselect or any of the gui apt tools I've tried.
>
> If you know what you're looking for.

simon@example.com ~
 % apt-cache search "standard C library"
lg-issue24 - Issue 24 of the Linux Gazette.
lg-issue31 - Issue 31 of the Linux Gazette.
lg-issue32 - Issue 32 of the Linux Gazette.
lg-issue41 - Issue 41 of the Linux Gazette.
lg-issue38 - Issue 38 of the Linux Gazette.
lg-issue39 - Issue 39 of the Linux Gazette.
task-c-dev - Development in C
avr-libc - Standard C library for Amtel AVR develooping
libc6-dev - GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files.
libc6 - GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone data

--
If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong.
		-- Norm Schryer