DSL in Tokyo (again)

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this company was mentioned in the recent DSL thread,
but I'm so over-the-moon happy that I can finally get DSL in my
apartment that I wanted to make sure everyone knew about eAccess and
wasn't put off by their badly organized web page.

I use GOL for an ISP; they sent out a spam on Monday with a URL of
supported areas. I clicked on it figuring I'd get the same old NTT
page that would again tell me, "Sorry, but you area isn't supported."
Instead it took me to http://www.eaccess.net/. I searched the first
page they sent and was disappointed--not listed. Then I saw the link
to "Tokyo Area." My area was on that list. (There was also an Osaka
area list.)

The Tokyo-area list of supported areas is at:

     http://www.eaccess.net/en/service/area-tokyo.html

I called eAccess and tried to apply through them, but they pushed me
back to GOL. Got the application (only via fax???) and am on my way
to throwing out my 56K modem. It looks like eAccess is also working
with biglobe, rimnet, nifty, and ds networks.

I got zilch for writing this, just happy I can finally connect to my
server without paying NTT a fortune (and listen to NPR.org).

Later,
Rod
Rod Holmes
AppComm Head Trainer