kinput2 & netscape

Hi all,

I've been trying the whole day to get japanese input working with
netscape...
But I have been unable to get it working.

Japanese input is working with yudit and kterm.

I added the following lines to my .xinitrc:
export XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2"
kinput2 -xim -kinput -canna &

To .Xdefaults I added:
*IMProtocol: xim
*inputMethod: kinput2
Netscape*inputMethod: kinput2
Netscape*international: True
Netscape*useStderrDialog: False
Netscape*useStdoutDialog: False

LC_LANG ist set to "ja_JP".

When I start Netscape all menus are in japanese,
but nothing happens when I hold shift and press space
(Which should be the way to activate japanese input if I didn't get
it wrong).

I also did not find much useful information on the net.
Most of it is in japanese.
According to the information I found this should be enough, but it is
not working.
[BTW I only accidently found that yudit switches to japanese mode when I
hit escape. I searched for but did not find information on how to
actually activate the japanese input mode until I did this...]

Thanks,

Tobias