Re: installing into /etc/rc.d/

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 12:38:28PM +0900, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a new version of Apache and 'rpm -e'd what was there
> before. I think I've heard of a script which will install it in
> etc/rc.d/rc.#/ (make all those S## and K## links). I'd rather write a
> script than make the links by hand, but it may already exist out there
> (or even here on my machine).

Probably talking about chkconfig. It relies on a comment in the main
script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ to get it to work. Below is an example.

# chkconfig: 2345 80 30

Have a look at the man page to figure it out :)

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd                   Have you had your noop today?
tom@example.com                  http://www.nooper.com