Re: Lawson Of Japan To Install 15,000 Linux Terminals

Tod McQuillin (devin@example.com) wrote:

Tod> Interesting... we'll be able to surf the web at lawson's soon.  (Well,
Tod> maybe not -- looks like they're limiting it to paid media downloads.)

I wonder what they'll do with it after download?  Just listening to it
or watching it in the store wouldn't be terribly amusing, but a terminal
that would let you buy a movie or whatever and write it to a CD-R
or DVD right there on the spot would be interesting.  They'd need a heck
of a lot of bandwidth going to each Lawson if they'll be doing serious
content sales, though.  Either that or less bandwdith but big disks
that cache everything locally.

Jonathan