Japanese Input

Hi all,

Trying to install Japanese on Mandrake Linux 7.1.
My first attempt in installing JE from the scratch
has been partially successfully but the FEP (kinput2)
does not work as desired. Would greatly appreciate
some help from someone on this ML.

The details about my problem are as below;

a) I installed kterm and wnn4 version of kinput2. The jserver daemon
   is running and start input system as follows
   kinput2 -wnn -jserver localhost &
b) When I try to type Japanese in the kterm window, the Kinput toggle
   (Shift+space) switches me the Japanese mode and eventually stays
   in Japanese mode. Kinput toggle (Shift-space) does not return me to
   English mode.
   Also, I cannot use the enter key in the Japanese mode.
   For example, after entering Japanese and converting to Kanji
   character, hiting the enter key does not have any effect.

Thanks in advance.

Raghavan