From: s-luppescu@example.com [mailto:s-luppescu@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 10:10 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: nohup

On 25-Oct-2000 Tod McQuillin wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Antony Stace wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to "nohup" a process after it has started running
>> somehow?
>
> zsh has a "disown" command for this purpose -- I'm not sure about other
> shells.

bash2 has disown, too.
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@example.com
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/sl.html
PGP Public Key: www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/pubkey.asc
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle?
>> Sent on 25-Oct-2000 at 09:10:10 with xfmail

Next Technical Meeting: November 11 (Sat) 13:30  Place: LinuxProbe Hall
Next Nomikai (and Bonenkai!): December 15 (Fri)