CD-R: Multiple Tracks

I have finally set up a RH 6.1 box with CD-R capability. I am running it on
a cron job to backup data. Because there is not a whole lot of data, I want
to write to consecutive tracks every time. So I have Oct backup on Track 01,
Nov backup on Track 02, etc. My question is how do I read from individual
tracks once I have made the backups? Anyone out there with experience here?

Thanks,

Shawn