RE: Metallic DSL in Tokyo

> From: Jonathan Byrne [mailto:jq@example.com]
>
> > Also, anyone know how easy it is to use it with unix?  Will I have to
> > pretend I'm using Windows to get them to install it?  :-)
>
> It shouldn't matter.  It's all connected together by Ethernet.

Indeed - to get your linux box working with their equip just set your
gateway to be 192.168.1.1 (default gateway address), connect your box via
10base-T to the gateway/router or to a hub which is connected.

There is one issue though, they don't provide a static DNS server address -
you'll have to setup DHCP to locate this or use another known server (I do
the later).

JS