RE: Metallic DSL in Tokyo

I'm using Tokyo Metallic DSL.  They say that single 640 is dynamic IP but in
practice it is not.  I've had the same IP address for the last few months
despite reconnecting on a daily basis.  I wouldn't count on it of course.

Technically you are not allowed to run servers on the single 640 plan.  You
need to use the "business" plan if you want to do that.  It is also enforced
in that the DSL gateway they supply is configured to block incoming traffic
on known ports.  You can't change this without a password (which they don't
supply).

BTW, their service is excellent - have found that it delivers the advertised
bandwidth (unlike many installations in the US).  I regularly get ~70KB/s on
the 640, though you'll find that there are many places on the wan that
cannot even sustain that.