apm & keyboard

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my system, and got this new keyboard that has
sleep, wake up and power buttons on it. I'd like to make it work under
Linux.
If I press either of these on the console, my kernel reports: "keyboard:
unkown scancode xxxx". Under X, nothing happens, xev doesn't say
anything.
I have read the relevant howtos, got apm support in the kernel, and
played around with loadkeys, setkeycodes, apmsleep, apmd, etc, but still
couldn't figure out a way to make these work together.
Any help would be appreciated.

Second question. Little bit offtopic, sorry.
I have got an AMD Athlon 800, and it gets kinda hot when it gets
something to work on, though I bought a huge heatsink for it.  Not a
long ago I overclocked the FSB, so now it's running at 572mhz and the
CPU temperature, according to the temperature sensor, rises up to about
56 deg C under 100% CPU usage, which is around 5 deg C higher than it
was before when it ran at 800mhz.
>From what temperature limits is it "unhealthy" for a processor to run?

thanks,
B0Ti.