Netscape & not-ugly fonts in Japanese?

Is it possible to get the latest version of Netscape (4.75) to work in
Japanese, or is 4.51 the best I can hope for?

I found this page on Japanized versions of Netscape & Mozilla:

http://www.linet.gr.jp/~egota/NetscapeV4.x.html

Also, what are the RedHat 6.2-J packages I need to add to RedHat 6.2-E to
get some nice-looking Japanese fonts in Netscape? I'm not sure where the
fixed mixed, sony and jis fonts I currently have are coming from, but they
sure are ugly. Are they in the base XFree86 rpm itself?

Quick background: I'm converting my wife's 75 MHz laptop to Linux. It has a
540 MB drive and 24 MB RAM. All she needs is a browser and e-mail, so I'm
trying to get Netscape working in Japanese with as little as possible.
Japanized Mozilla or Netscape 6 are out of the question. Any tips would be
greatly appreciated. I've already scoured the ML archive and understand
that I need Atok because the freeware alternatives aren't up to snuff.

Bonus question: Why is there nothing more recent than 1998 about PJE?

Thanks,

Rich