RE: Ordering Books from Amazon

On 13-Oct-2000 Antony Stace wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I need to get a few computer books and was wondering if anyone here
> ordered books from Amazon to get delivered to Tokyo?  I want to know if
> the times the quote for delivery are correct.  Can anyone recommend any
> other online book stores.
>
> On a similar note, can someone please tell me the biggest book stores in
> Tokyo apart from Kinakuya which carry books in english.

I've been ordering text books from bol.com. They are WAY cheaper than most
other places. For example, I just got _Statistical Inference_ by Casella and
Berger for less than $50 (including shipping from the UK). It was going for
about $120 in the University book store here. They can sell you books cheap,
but you may have to wait while they backorder.

A good site to compare world-wide on-line book prices is evenbetter.com (which
has now been taken over by dealtime.com, I believe).
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@example.com
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/sl.html
PGP Public Key: www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/pubkey.asc
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
"Never ascribe to malice that which is caused by greed and ignorance."
-- Cal Keegan