Re: Ordering Books from Amazon

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 04:27:32PM +0900, Antony Stace wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I need to get a few computer books and was wondering if anyone here
> ordered books from Amazon to get delivered to Tokyo?  I want to know if
> the times the quote for delivery are correct.  Can anyone recommend any
> other online book stores.

Via international express, I put in an order once on Friday and got in on
Monday. Mostly I just order air mail from them and it takes about 7 days
on average. I've done various orders and love their service. The packing
is also really good. I usually order a minimum of two books and even with
airmail you'll save youself a load of money by not shopping locally.

> On a similar note, can someone please tell me the biggest book stores in
> Tokyo apart from Kinakuya which carry books in english.

There is another one near Tokyo station somewhere but I haven't been
there in about 5 years so I can't recall the name. I usually go to
Kinokuniya in Shinjuku if I feel the need...

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd                   Have you had your noop today?
tom@example.com                  http://www.nooper.com