X problem..

ok, this is irritating.  I'm using HP OpenView on a Solaris box here
(E220R..)

Anyway.  I export the display to my linux box and run openview.
Everything works fine except that the object properties dialog does not
pop up when I right click on something.

Same situation, except I export it to an Ultra-5 with a framebuffer:
Everything works, including the right mouse button.

What's going on here?  Is openview expecting some kind of different X
event to come from the right button than what it's getting?  any ideas how
to track it down?  I guess I could go try xev.. I'll do that, but if
anyone has any hints on this, I'd appreciate it.