X fubar

hm, that's odd.  I've had two really weird X fubars in the last couple of
weeks that I'd like to share, one of which just hit me about 30 seconds
ago.  Let me know if your experience concurs..

1.  WindowMaker, latest version 0.62.x.  Runs great, normally.  Been using
it for a long time.  Ok, so now I've got a Sun E220R here running HP
OpenView.  export display to my Linux box, run /opt/OV/bin/ovw &, it comes
up.  Neat!, I think.  I double click on an icon.  FOOM, Windowmaker goes
SIGSEGV and takes down X.  Happens randomly when I click on things in
OpenView (motif app).  Switched to AfterStep, problem goes away.

2.  Netscape.  Clicked on the link to Dilbert, from my webserver's top
level page (http://www.foo3.com, if anyone's interested.  served off my
DSL on my sparc4, so it's not the fastest site in the world, but it's
mostly just links and no actual content, so it's not a big issue).  sit
there, wait wait wait, netscape looks ready to crash with a bus error as
it is wont to do (frequently!).  however, this time it takes out the
entire X server with it.  never seen that before.