Linux/Mozilla related Short-Term Contract

We're looking for people to work offsite or onsite on a short term contract
basis (preferably by the job rather than by the hour).  As part of our
internet / multimedia product we need to refine the aspects of the linux
platform for use in a multimedia setting.  Potentially we are looking to
outsource the following:

  * polishing / packaging of mozilla for use with a variety of multimedia
plugins
  * specializing mozilla behavior / look & feel
  * specialized japanese language entry and kanji conversion (probably
interfacing to wnn)

For the moment we're looking at working on the first issue.  If interested,
please send reply with proposal.  I'm enclosing the spec below.

Jonathan Shore
E-Publishing Group K.K.

------

The M17 binary distribution of mozilla on Linux does not provide mime type
mappings for the various multimedia plugins. It also seems that there is no
packaged distribution of browser and plugins available.

The task would be to create a binary and source[1] RPM for Redhat Linux 6.2
(or equiv) that integrates the following:

  * Flash plugin
  * RealPlayer plugin for audio and video streaming types
  * Inline video plugin [2] (order of priority: DIVX, MPEG-2, MPEG-1)
  * Java Applet Capability [3]

If we cannot get all of the above capabilities in the short term, then the
Flash and video formats are of the highest priority. Amongst the video
formats would prefer either DIVX or MPEG-2. The video must be viewable
within the browser window and not in an external viewer.

The developer must include the list of changes made to the raw distributions
to accomplish the integration. We will also provide sample video and flash
movies with which you can use to check the proper operation of the plugins.

The project will have been successfully completed when the above
capabilities are provided and can be succesfully installed on other machines
running RedHat Linux 6.x.

----
[1] provide source RPM for components provided with sources. Of course this
will not be possible for proprietary plugins.  The source RPM is secondary
(lower priority) to getting a binary RPM.

[2] suggest configuring plugger for the mpeglib_mpeg2 plugin (if it allows
inlining). MPegTv only supports MPEG-1 and xanim does not fully support
MPEG-2.

[3] Check mozilla site, suggests Java 1.3