Re: Current Recommendation for PCMCIA network card?

At 09:34 00/09/28 +0000, you wrote:
>Anyone know if TDK, or Planex cards work?
>Any recommendations for PCMCIA cards?

TDK works. Planex works.  But I'd probably stick to 3com 589 or 574,
or maybe Xircom RealPort. They ALWAYS work.

Any card that is already in the pcmcia database should be OK. So
I guess TDK and Planex are pretty safe.  But if
you get something new and try to add to the card database,
all sorts of things happen, like people here having a lot of trouble
with corega cards.  My experience is, sometimes they work OK, sometimes they only
work if you adhere to the alphabetical order in the card db, and
in other cases it only works if the entry for the card is attatched
to the end of the card db.