Re: ethner card problem

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 ulrike@example.com wrote:

>  > I once had to tweak /etc/pcmcia/config to get my
>  > corega card recognised. The problem was that the 'manfid' specified for
>  > another card clashed with the corega card.
>
>  Yes, Frank told us how to correct this, just it seems that my card broke on the
>  way, first it showed up as Allied Telesis (or what it was) and then it became

Allied Telesyn, no? -- I checked my set up and found in my case the
manfid 0xc00f, 0x0000 listed for an Telesyn card clashed with that
of Corega. Anyway..

>  "Anonymous Memory" and cardctl ident has no info available. I tried to fix this
>  with recompiling the kernel and pcmcia-cs modules, but no success. I could try
>  next to follow Frank's strategy, which so far I thought won't help since the
>  card is not recognized as anything, but when I am done with my other computers'
>  harddrives I might give it a try, unless you can tell me in advance that I can
>  forget it.

Hmm.. Sounds familiar -- I had a similar experience with a Corega card
behaving rather weird. The thing came up again after shifting it to the
second card slot and back a couple of times and loading and reloading
the modules..  May sound black magic.. but...

Selva