Re: Slow browsing?

>>>>> "jb" == Jonathan Byrne <j-byrne@example.com> writes:

    jb> Gecko rendering engine is supposed to change that.  What do
    jb> any Mozilla users who've also used IE say?  Is Mozilla faster?

Mozilla is a lot faster than Netscape, until you factor in (a) the
fact that it almost invariably segfaults the first time you run it
after upgrading because the registry format is incompatible with the
previous version, so you have to port your bookmarks and other
configuration by hand, and (b) the fact that it is still substantially
less stable than Netscape.

I can't compare it with IE, though.  The little I've used IE has been
on my wife's box which is very differently configured from any of mine
(notably being on the wrong side of a modem from the internet).

Lynx remains my browser of choice; w3.el is almost getting there,
though.