Re: Slow browsing?

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 08:23:11PM +0900, Dennis McMurchy wrote:
>   "Yes, next time I'm browsing in Linux (still much slower than in
> Windows, by the way)..."                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>   This makes no sense to me at all.  Could it be true?  And what would
> the reason be?

Perhaps he is really comparing Netscape 4.x on Linux to MSIE.

I think MSIE "feels" faster because it can start to display a
page and if necessary reflow[1] it as it downloads additional
table elements... while Netscape 4.x waits until it has the
whole table.

[1] This feature worked well in MSIE 5.0, but seems broken in
5.5.
--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586