Re: ethner card problem

>>From what you write later, it sounds like this is incorrect.  Here is
>the structure I use:

Thanks, this worked.

>This is very old, I think; PCMCIA-CS is up to about 3.1.20 by now.
>Get it from the Debian unstable.  There's no reason not to, Debian
>makes very few changes to PCMCIA-CS except to add the stuff in
>debian/, so the Debian unstable part is pretty irrelevant.

OK, got it.

>    Ulrike> Do I really have to? I tried the whole day ... learning a
>    Ulrike> lot, but ...
>
>Once you learn it, you'll be able to do it in the future.  It's very
>useful, because many PCMCIA bugs disappear once you compile the PCMCIA
>modules against your own kernel configuration.

Is there an easier way? I sat here several hours answering questions about
devices I have no idea what they are or what I have in this labtop, then I
restrained myself from breaking something and looked in Configure.help where
I about I was in this file. It was about 2/3 down the text. I am sure I
skipped some of the more important questions because of tiredness and put a
questionmarks where I should have left the default number. So I killed this
whole process. And if there is no easier way, I will shit on any kernel
configuration, schlepp this labtop in the institue, do a complete reinstall
via the network, get a precompiled kernel, take the network card to some
Windows labtop, install the drivers and check in this way whether it is
broken or not. I am fed up.

Good night, but thanks for the help, really. It's just that I am learning a
bit too much recently, whenever I will understand what all these devices and
systems are I can make use of my newly gained knowledge. My head is
exploding! At the last kernel recompile I did things were configured
already, I just had to add a module. This is a nightmare!!!

Uli