Re: hardware doctors!

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 03:47:54AM -0400, David Lloyd-Jones wrote:

> Every disk dies; the question is when.

Sure.  I replace my drives once every eighteen months (on my personal machines,
that is -- production boxes get theirs replaced on a much more frequent
schedule).  Backups are a given.

My point is, I can generally trust IBM drives not to die before I replace
them.  I cannot say the same for any other manufacturer.

-- Chris