Re: hardware doctors!

At 16:18 00/09/20 +0900, you wrote:
>So what *do* you recommend?

Toshiba drives. I accidentally dropped my 12 months old Laptop
to Mongolia, knocked it off the desk which killed the windows
system (gods spoke, I guess), but I was able to use the Linux side and
access the Win partition data with no problem. That gained a
lot of trust.

If you were using a 1.25cm height disk, you might consider
getting a 9.5mm disk and add extra padding as a shock absorber.
That might be more important for a laptop. But that would depend.