Re: hardware doctors!

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 01:13:28PM +0900, Sajjad Zaidi wrote:

> Do u know what make are the drives? The clicking is pretty common on
> Western Digitals. The ones Ive used somehow start working again after a
> few hard taps.

Rule of thumb is to replace any drive that makes weird sounds.  Weird sounds,
in conjunction with a spinning platter and an armature suspended micrometers
from the platter, indicate impending doom.

... and WD drives are junk.  They lost my trust with the Caviar fiasco, they've
never given me any reason to reconsider ...

-- Chris